Company: RunThrough Events
Position: Marketing and PR Executive
Location: Putney, London
Contract Type: Full Time – Permanent
Salary: £18k – 22k
Experience Level: Graduate or 1/2 years within Marketing/PR industry
With over 100 events around the UK involving over 100,000 runners, RunThrough cater for all runners, from the first time runner to elite athletes and include unique venues such as the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Hampton Court Palace, Thorpe Park, Tatton Park and Colchester Zoo to name a few.
We are looking for a Marketing and PR Executive to support the Marketing Director and Communications Manager in driving awareness and registrations for our running events.
Working with RunThrough is a way of life, we have a small passionate team who care about what they do. We would ideally like someone to come to, or aim to, all our events. This includes weekend work but your working week can be as flexible as you want it to be based from our offices on Putney Embankment over looking the River Thames.
Purpose of the Role
RunThrough have over 100 events a year, all need promoting to runners while making sure our marketing and PR reflects who we are as a team, a community and a brand.
We want someone with a passion for sport, ideally running with also a drive to learn more about marketing and PR.
- Activate aspects of the marketing plans for all running events organised by RunThrough
- Develop and expand grassroots relationships, for example with running clubs
- Deliver PR and Communications (press release writing and distribution, management of sport specific and local media relationships, hosting of media events)
- Grow and develop relationships with key local stakeholders e.g. community groups and tourist boards
- Manage and create content for the Social Media channels
- Seek out and generate new contra-marketing and media partnerships with relevant businesses and other bodies
- Work alongside the marketing teams of the events sponsors to deliver joint marketing activities
- To attend our events and get involved with our community
- Co-ordinate on the day promotional & media activities
- Manage fulfilment of advertising campaigns, writing copy & basic photoshop activities
- Contribute creativity to marketing plans and campaigns, whilst remaining commercially aware
- Fulfil a number of administration duties (data management etc)
With the Marketing Director and Communications Manager.
Skills and Experience Required
- A creative thinker, confident with expressing opinions and generating new ideas
- A commercial mind with strong networking skills
- Personable and passionate
- Very good project and time management skills
- Ability to self-manage
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both in meetings / on the telephone and in writing
- Be able to write copy in different tones of voice appropriate to the relevant audience
- Ideally educated to degree standard but practical experience with Marketing & PR is preferable
- An eye for design – previous usage of photoshop & video editing software would be great
- Previous work experience within a sports environment would be an advantage
- Ideally 1 year experience in marketing and PR experience either agency or in-house but not essential
- Graduates with relevant university degrees relevant to the job but with no practical work experience are welcome to apply
- A passion for running would be very beneficial for the role
- A love of sport in general and an energetic disposition
- Full clean driving licence would be useful
- Willing and able to work weekends (always in the mornings, latest finish would be 1pm)
Anyone interested in this role please email a CV to [email protected]